I participated in a Voices of Bristol Bay last week in time for the EPA's public commentary to open. Please take a moment to comment on why it is important to protect Bristol Bay and your support of the EPA for closing the door on the Pebble Project.
Thank you, -k8
Every comment is important and we are offering a number of ways to comment. All forms of comments whether written or oral, will be considered equally.
Questions to consider when commenting:
- Do you think the Proposed Determination should be recommended and finalized?
Why or why not?
- Do you have additional information on potential impacts on the North Fork Koktuli River, South Fork Koktuli River and Upper Talarik Creek watersheds, and downstream reaches of the Nushagak and Kvichak Rivers resulting from mining of the Pebble deposit?
Specifically information about:
- Fish and other ecological resources
- Water quality, flora, fauna and hydrology
- Wildlife species
- Drinking water
- Can you suggest potential mitigation actions that could compensate for the damage caused by mining the Pebble deposit?
- Should the discharge of dredged or fill material be completely prohibited, restricted as proposed, restricted in another manner or not restricted at all at this time?
Submit prepared comments to EPA:
Online: You can submit your comments online by going towww.regulations.gov and enter EPA-R10-OW-2014-0505 in the search box. After getting to the docket page that looks like this, click on the blue box that says “comment now.” You can type in a comment up to 5000 characters or you can attach your comments. Be sure to include your name, address and organization in the text of your comments.
Email: You can also send your comments in an e-mail to OW-Docket@epa.gov. Be sure to include EPA-R10-OW-2014-0505 in the subject line.
Written comments: You can send your written comments to: Water Docket, Environmental Protection Agency, Mail Code 2822T, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20460, Attention: Docket ID No. EPA-R10-OW-2014-0505
Hand delivery: Bring your comments to the EPA Docket Center in Washington, DC during normal business hours. If you use this option, especially if you are delivering boxed information, please call the Water Docket first to make arrangements at (202) 566-2426
Remember, all comments will be considered equally.
You can send questions to the project team at: R10BristolBay@epa.gov